The data protection declaration of Social.Media is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why this policy exists
This data protection policy ensures Social.Media:
- Complies with data protection law and follow good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
Data protection law
The Data Protection law describes how organizations — including Social.Media— must collect, handle and store personal information.
These rules apply for data stored electronically, we do not store information on paper or on other materials.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
The Data Protection law is underpinned by seven important principles. These say that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held for any longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
Everyone who works for or with Social.Media has some responsibility for ensuring data is collected, stored and handled appropriately.
Each team that handles personal data must ensure that it is handled and processed in line with this policy and data protection principles.
General Staff guidelines
- The only people able to access data covered by this policy should be those who need it for their work.
- Data should not be shared informally. When access to confidential information is required, employees can request it from their line managers.
- Social.Media provided training to all employees to help them understand their responsibilities when handling data.
- Employees should keep all data secure, by taking sensible precautions and following these guidelines.
- Personal data should not be disclosed to unauthorized people, either within the company or externally.
- Data should be regularly reviewed and updated if it is found to be out of date. If no longer required, it should be deleted and disposed of.
- Employees should request help from their line manager if they are unsure about any aspect of data protection.
These rules describe how and where data should be safely stored. Questions about storing data safely can be directed to privacy[@]socialmedia-promotion.com
All data is stored electronically, it must be protected from unauthorized access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts:
- Data should be protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly and never shared between employees.
- Data should only be stored on designated drives and servers, and should only be uploaded to an approved cloud computing services.
- Servers containing personal data should be sited in a secure location, away from general office space.
- Data should be backed up frequently. Those backups should be tested regularly, in line with the company’s standard backup procedures.
- All servers and computers containing data should be protected by approved security software and a firewall.
What We Collect
In order to promote your company and/or campaign via the services offered by Social.Media, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on Social.Media — your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, ect.
- Details of transactions you make through our web: https://socialmedia-promotion.com/ All payment information you submit is collected and used by our payment processors in accordance with their privacy policies. Social.Media does not store your payment information.
- Information about your activity on and interaction with Social.Media (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), the date and time of access to the Internet site and any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- Information that you submit to Social.Media through our backend.
How we Use this Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To promote your company and/or campaign through social media, press release outreach or any others means that helps us deliver the purchased or requested services.
- To contact you.
Information that isn’t shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your IP address; Operative system and browser;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
We do not and will not sell your data.
Information shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide the services you’ve purchased.
Our agreement with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared. Any information shared must be stored safely and in a protected environment.
Information shared to protect Social.Media & comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Social.Media legal rights.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Social.Media uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Our Advertising Partners
Access to Your Information
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please send us an email to privacy[@]socialmedia-promotion.com
We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold.
By using our website and/or services you are authorizing Social.Media to use your data to promote your company and/or campaign. This data will help us provide and deliver the services you’ve purchased or requested.
Last Update: May 25, 2018